Post Title: Plant Operator – 360 Wheeled/Tracked Excavator and Dozer drivers&30 – 35t Articulated Dumper Truck drivers
Salary: £17ph - £23ph Depending on experience & Licences Held
Location: UK Wide – Emphasis on London, Winchester, Gloucester, East Anglia, Lincolnshire & Durham and Ferrybridge
We are currently looking for a number of plant operators to work on a full time permanent basis in London, Winchester, Gloucester & the South West. East Anglia & Lincolnshire, Durham and Ferrybridge (Yorkshire). The ideal person will need to be able to keep calm and professional at all times even when under pressure. An excellent team player and very good communicator, used to working in a confined area and dealing with busy traffic flows, you will need to be literate as there is need to complete daily machine checklists and to complete defect reports, near misses and accident or incident reports. Working to detailed schedules and drawings; there will also be the requirement to undertake key tasks to high levels of finished performance and in compliance with the highest levels of safe working practice.
• Certified and Experienced in operating wheeled and tracked Excavators, Dozers, Loading Shovels & Articulated Dumpers.
• Certified and Experienced in operating 360 Wheeled/Tracked Material Handlers (Up to 70t).
• Full valid UK Driving licence / CSCS Card
• Experience of working within a fast paced environment and used to dealing with a very busy operation.
• Familiar in loading bulk articulated vehicles and roll on/off vehicles with varying materials.
As a Plant Operator, you will ensure operations are carried out in a safe and efficient manner. Your responsibilities will include:
• Completing daily start up inspections of mobile plant and recording results on the inspections sheets and informing the site supervisor of any defects.
• Ensuring mobile plant is kept in a clean condition by washing down regularly.
• Undertaking light maintenance of machines, including greasing as per machine specifications and clearing debris from arms and belly plate, on a regular basis and in accordance with company safe working practice.
• Ensuring good housekeeping within the work area throughout the day and at the end of the day.
• Enforcing traffic management.
• Ensuring health and safety aspects are being adhered to and recording any near misses which arise.
• Loading vehicles as required for the onward transportation.
• Ensuring waste being loaded is rotated to ensure that it does not exceed the maximum storage limitation as set out in the site licence.
• Liaising with other plant operators regarding the movement of soils and waste.
• Monitoring fuel usage.
To apply for this vacancy, please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org