Post Title: HGV Class 1 Driver - Eastleigh
Salary: Depending on experience, Licences held and shifts etc
Location: Eastleigh - Hampshire
To apply for this vacancy, please send your CV to: email@example.com
To deliver and collect Generators and associated equipment for the busy transport department, supporting the needs of the Rental, Sales and Service Departments.
The successful candidate will be expected to drive any vehicle from our extensive fleet, including 6 and 8 Wheeler rigid lorry- loader equipped flatbeds with and without drawbar trailers, Tractor Units pulling 45’ flatbed trailers, Fuel Tankers and 4x4‘s.
Our customer base is varied, including Utility companies, Events and Construction Organisations etc. Sites visited will occasionally be challenging and you will be expected to provide an excellent service to our valued customers.
KEY TASKS & MAIN DUTIES
- Responsible for delivering and collecting generators for hire and sales to and from customers’ sites, using any of the varied vehicles in our fleet.
- Responsible for loading and offloading generators and ancillary equipment in yard and on customers’ sites, locating equipment on site in line with customer requirements.
- Assist customers to run out and roll up cables on site as required.
- Responsible for delivering fuel to customers’ sites using a fuel tanker or 4 x 4 and bowser as required.
- Responsible for checking and securing equipment on lorry, ensuring equipment agrees to the relevant paperwork.
- Assist with the maintenance of equipment where required, including washing down sets if necessary when in the yard.
- To provide Call Out cover for generator deliveries or collections, refuelling or other emergency work requiring use of a lorry or 4 x 4 on a rostered basis. During each “On Call” week, there will be no scheduled daytime work and driver will be required to be available to be called into work for emergency driving jobs between the hours of 17.00 hours to 08.00 hours Monday to Friday and then 12.00 hours on Saturday through to 08.00 hours the following Monday morning. Remuneration appropriate to the “On Call” availability replaces normal pay during these rostered weeks. Flexibility exists to allow drivers on the roster to swap weeks if both parties are in agreement. Frequency of required Call - Out weeks may be changed if workload requires although presently expected to be no more than one in every nine weeks.
- Comply with all relevant Health and Safety Regulations, e.g. Tachograph Regulations, European Working Time Directive, Vehicle Safety Check Lists etc.
- Comply with the Company Health & Safety Policy, including carrying out general housekeeping to ensure work areas are tidy. This includes company vehicles.
- Comply with all aspects of the company ISO 9001:2015 procedures, proactively contributing to the company’s continuous improvement programme.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- LGV Licence required, C+E (Old Class 1) – Essential
- Experience with equivalent vehicle types (Rigid Wagon with Drawbar Trailer rated to 44 Tonnes, Tractor Unit with 45’ flatbed trailer) – Essential
- Digital Tachograph holder – Essential
- Lorry Loader Licence (Hook) (ALLMI or RTITB preferred) with proven experience of loader use – Desirable
- ADR Licence (At least Class 3, Tanks & Packages) Desirable
- Evidence of Driver’s CPC Training – Essential
- Forklift Licence – Desirable
- CPCS Card Holder – Desirable
- Candidate must have a flexible approach to working hours as the nature of the business requires regular early starts and late finish times - Essential