HGV Mechanic Belfast
Post Title: HGV/Diesel Fitter
Salary: Negotiable - Depending on Experience
To provide efficient and cost effective repairs to fleet of Vehicles ensuring that the equipment is maintained to a first class standard and in line with company policy
- Carry out inspections and repairs to Manufactures standards and in line with Company procedures
- Perform preventative and proactive maintenance in line with manufacturers and company policy ensuring equipment is compliant with all aspects of safety and legal legislation in a cost effective manner.
- Demonstrate good diagnosis skills
- Produce good productivity levels in line with Autodata/Manufacture repair times
- Comply with Depot specific health and safety rules and regulations and ensure the correct PPE is worn/used throughout and report any failings through the reporting procedure
- Ensure all paperwork is completed correctly, legible and handed in on time.
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner.
- Highlight any shortfalls or issues relating to safety or maintenance immediately to the appropriate manager.
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area and ensure all tooling and specialist equipment is checked, tested and compliant in line with company policy.
- Maintain sufficient security measures to prevent theft of company/personal property during and after normal working hours.
Essential Key skills
- Hold recognised time served training certification within the automotive industry or similar engineering back ground (with sound electrical bias) and demonstrate minimum of 2 years working in the industry after apprenticeship/training completion.
- Hold a valid UK Driving license
- Have a good understanding of transport & HSE legislation.
- A good standard of both written and spoken English.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and also under your own initiative when required.
- Be a well organised individual with excellent time management.
- Demonstrate a desire for self improvement and enthusiasm to learn new skills including attending training courses both in house and external
If you would like to apply for this role or require any further details please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: 11/06/2018 11:40:54