Post Title: Mobile Crane Operator
Salary: £35k - £40k
We are a family run company based in the east midlands that started out in 1995, since then the company has grown steadily of the years. Our longest standing Crane Operator was a member of HM Armed Forces and joined our company 13 years ago.
We are renowned for our quality of our equipment and the professionalism and safe attitude of its employees.
Due to increased workload and future planned investments we are currently recruiting a qualified Mobile Crane Operator that holds a valid CPCS card for mobile cranes and a LGV + C Licence, additional CPCS qualifications such as Slinger-Signaller / Lift Supervisor would be advantageous.
Our depot is based within Nottingham but our machines do travel around the country for our loyal customer base. The ideal candidate will be expected to work away from home on occasion
We are renowned for our high standard customer care and exceptional service, we need that to reflect in our operators, someone who is Safe, Responsible, Problem Solving and has a Positive Attitude is what we strive for.
You will be operating some of the most modern cranes on the market, so you need to be someone who can adopt our company ethos and take pride in your equipment. We are a family run company that love family values, if you don't just want to be a number, then we are where you can be part of the Family.
- Responsible for the external and technical condition of the assigned machines and materials.
- Responsible for preparing the crane for operations, extending outriggers, assembling/dismantling ballast, reeving cables and connecting safety systems in strict compliance with manufacturer instructions and Company policy.
- Responsible for the correct use of crane operation, including driving it to and from site.
- Complying with and implementing all safety rules in accordance with Company, equipment and customer requirements.
- Following instructions of Supervisor, ensuring each lifting operation is planned and carried out in a safe manner.
- Presenting a professional and technically capable manner to customers.
- Minor maintenance of crane and supporting equipment
- Ensuring correct documentation understood and in place prior to work commencing.
- Correct completion and signing off of weekly reports and crane dockets.
- Attendance at required Company and customer meetings.
- Ensuring correct crane documentation accurate and up to date.
- Care, maintenance and proper use of personal protective equipment.
- Good housekeeping practices.