HGV Mechanic Middlesbrough
Post Title: HGV Technician - Middlesbrough
Salary: £25k - £42k depending on experience and amount of overtime worked
Employed as a Workshop Technician you will be part of a team that maintains a fleet of vehicles for a contract customer providing service and maintenance. This role is part of the Fleet Management Division reporting to the Workshop Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- To undertake comprehensive preventative maintenance and repair standards.
- MOT inspections and prep
- Ensuring PMI's are carried out on time and paperwork is correct
- Liaising with drivers to carry out defect rectification and fill out reports
- Correct fault diagnosis to ensure replacement parts are fitted correctly and warranty claims are in line with warranty terms.
- Ensure full and complete end of shift handover including vehicle on or off road status
- To complete job cards, service sheets, timesheets and any other relevant paperwork in an accurate, timely and efficient manner.
- To undertake diagnostic analysis where appropriate.
- To build rapport, develop trust and respect from both internal and external customers.
- To contribute to the development and delivery of an effective and proactive cultural environment.
- To contribute towards the continuous improvement of processes/methods and operating practices.
- To ensure the most efficient and highest possible standard of mechanical and electrical repair, preventative maintenance and modification of customer vehicles & related ancillary equipment.
- Work as part of the team to maintain, build employee and customer relations to ensure that the workshop operation achieves all set financial and cultural objectives/targets.
- To enforce personally and in others Company, Industry & Legal Health, Safety & Environmental standards at all times and without exception.
- To ensure a thorough understanding of all Company Safe Systems of Work and always adhere to within the workshop or mobile operations.
- To report without delay, in line with Company procedure, any accidents, risks and near misses.
- To maintain exceptional housekeeping standards within the work place at all times.
Published: 05/11/2020 09:38:30