Marine Project Engineer North East
Post Title: Project Engineer (Marine Engineering)
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
To apply for this vacancy please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose of Role:
The Project Management department is critical to the business as the main interface between the company and its customer. The project function incorporates the following: -
- Co-ordinate and expedite all aspects of the project including production, purchasing, commercial and sub contractors on the project.
- Liaise with on-site Client team ensuring all issues are captured and documented.
- To help monitor, maintain and report the progress and financial achievement of the project to the Project Manager.
- The Project Engineer is fully responsible for familiarising themselves with the site HSEQ documentation, systems and procedures relevant to their area(s) of responsibility and for ensuring that they are understood and applied to everyone within their respective area/s of responsibility.
- Shall ensure that only safe working practices are applied by persons within their area(s) of responsibility, with care for the environment and due consideration for quality requirements.
- Shall ensure, so far as is reasonable practicable, that all persons who come within their area(s) of responsibility receive adequate information, instruction or supervision necessary for them to prevent or avoid risks to their health and safety.
- Shall ensure that a high standard of housekeeping is maintained at all times throughout their area(s) of control.
- Shall ensure that work equipment, premises and protective clothing and equipment provided within their area(s) of control are used as required and maintained in an efficient state and in good working order and repair.
- Carry out HSEQ inspections as required.
- Be involved in any HSEQ investigations to establish root cause and implement corrective, preventive actions.
- Shall ensure that HSEQ problems which cannot be resolved immediately are raised quickly with their Line Manager.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring compliance with the company Project Management procedure.
- Ensuring that the project is delivered on time and within the agreed budgets to ensure the satisfaction of both the company and the customer
- Evaluating project requirements and establish the necessary team
- Arranging planning and project meetings during the build of the project.
- Work with all departments and contractors to forecast the project labour requirements
- Monitoring the working of any overtime on the project and documenting all timesheets
- Managing/assisting with the day to day project operations.
- Monitoring of daily man hour spend to ensure completion with agreed targets.
- Monitoring sub contractor’s performance to ensure timely completion.
- Maintaining the project achievement percentages to highlight any areas of concern.
- Ensuring compliance with the company safety, quality and environmental policies.
- Liaising with customers to ensure awareness of all project aspects.
- Listing and updating of all project schedules.
- Agreement of variations to the contract with the customer.
- Notifying contract variations to the project manager.
- Finalising and documenting all project paperwork including arranging project wash up meetings.
- To ensure that labour, sub contractors and materials are obtained within the financial targets of the project to generate the required target return.
- Competent with MS Office
- Communication skills
- Experience in engineering background / ship building environment
- Use of planning tools (MS Project)
Qualification and Experience
- HNC/ DEGREE in marine related discipline
- Management experience in engineering environment
- Commercial experience
Published: 01/03/2019 13:04:55