Technical Waste Assessor North East
Post Title: Technical Waste Assessor (North East)
Technical Waste Assessor, Middlesbrough, 40 hours per week, £22,000 per annum
To provide technical and customer service support to our waste treatment plants, transfer station & transport business based in Middlesbrough. We are a market leader in waste recovery and is looking to employee a candidate who can support the business aims of environmental compliance & customer service. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to develop their skill base within an environmental industry and is prepared to take on challenges.
- Ensure sufficient information is supplied for each waste enquiry, including MSDS & samples where required
- Interpreting the data, such as MSDS & sample analysis routes, to identify appropriate waste treatment or disposal routes, including costs & caveats.
- Generating quotes for potential customers and facilitating the customer journey from enquiry to booking to invoicing.
- Ensure all information required for quoting, transport & acceptance is inputted into the database system.
- Understand site processing capabilities, physical and capability to enable routing of waste.
- Use database system to generate consignment notes and Environment Agency returns.
- Communicate with customers by email & phone to confirm quote parameters, scheduling & non-conformances.
- To liaise closely between the Sales, Customer Service and Operational functions to ensure effective communication between departments.
- Advise on transport, labelling & consignment note requirements.
- Ensure compliance of all waste quotes with site permits & waste management licences.
- Degree in Chemistry or related subject (minimum HNC)
- Confident in the use of IT systems and able to utilise bespoke company IT programs
- Excellent organiser & communicator
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Contribute fully to the aims of the business and be a fully participating member of the team
- Knowledge of WM3 and ability to apply it to classify waste
- Understanding of ADR regulations ability to classify waste for transport
- Working knowledge of the operation of a Waste Treatment Processing Plant, Transfer Station and/or Transport operations
- Good working knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation
- Numerate with an understanding of business costing
Published: 14/12/2020 13:33:44