Post Title: Mechanical /Electrical Support Engineer
Salary: Depending on experience
Undertake the repair, maintenance, and upgrade of vehicle mounted discharge systems in the field. Including: Mechanical, Electrical, Pneumatic, and
Desired qualities for applicant
1. Mechanical or Electrically bias.
2. Proven record of experience/knowledge base.
3. Ability to work under your own initiative and pressure (problem solving).
4. Good written and communication skills.
5. Computer literate (Word, Excel).
6. Keen eye for detail.
Service and calibration
1. Perform service and calibration processes on all vehicles on service contract
within designated area. (This is to be completed within summer months).
2. Calibration certificates to be forwarded to site office within 48 hours.
3. Calibration certificates produced will show excellent attention to detail.
1. Give class leading customer support via phone and face-to-face to both
customers and original equipment manufacturers.
2. Deliver class leading customer support to achieve our KPI of a targeted
response to breakdowns within 24hours.
3. Communicate effectively with other Technical Support Engineers to meet KPIs
Protean (Job reports)
1) Always ensure PDA jobs are up to date.
2) Produce a high standard of feedback on jobs which including job reporting,
parts used, labour, travel time and miles travelled.
1) Fully understand the control and use of the calibration stamp.
2) Report all non-conformances on failures.
3) Always keep all calibration documents on van e.g., Master meter certificate,
type approval per system, NMO Secretary of State certificate, NMO 11A
Certificate and Module D Certificate.
4) Up to date HSE documents e.g., method statement and risk assessment to be
retained on van.
Management of yourself and van
1) Manage your own time working with the Technical Support Coordinator to
maximise efficiency to meet customer requirements.
2) Manage van stock.
3) Keeping the company vehicle road worthy in line with checks on PDA.
4) Keeping yourself presentable wearing company uniform.
Full workshop and onsite training provided.
Key performance measurements:
1. Technical ability
2. Ability to think on your feet and make decisions that benefit the customer.
3. Customer service
4. Maintain an excellent presentation of yourself and van always.
5. PDA performance.
Company Van, Mobile Telephone, Laptop, and Tablet.